The Emergency Medical Services
Most common it is believed that the Emergency Medical System starts with paramedics and nurses, the truth in fact is that the Emergency System begins with “You“. There are many reason’s why you may hold back from helping someone in an emergency, fear of infection, fear of Liability, fear of repercussions or even fear of helping in the wrong way.
Just remember that in Alberta you are “NOT” obligated to perform any act of First Aid even if you are certified. However we do hope that you would help or at the very least Call 911.
- The Sooner you start CPR for a casualty that is not breathing the sooner their brain can get life saving blood and oxygen.
- Even if your nervous calling 911 is still helping. Emergency workers will only come and help if you call 911.
- 911 is free – Don’t worry about cost, a person’s life is “Priceless”
For any emergency we teach our students the 3 rules of First Aid to help them understand what is truly important during “any” emergency.
- Rule #1 – Protect YOURSELF “Your safety is most important“
- Rule #2 – Call 911 “If it doesn’t look right, it probably isn’t!“
- Rule #3 – Don’t Waste Time & Treat What You See
911 with help you if you forget how to do basic treatments, splints, slings, bandages and other things are easily done with simple guidance. Don’t worry, there are no wrong questions when talking to 911 “They are there to help you, Help others!”
“This material is for Information / Educational purposes only and is taken from the Canadian Medical Association. It should not be used in place of medical advice, instruction, and/or treatment. If you have questions, speak to your doctor or appropriate healthcare provider.”
In any emergency just remember to Protect Yourself!!! Call 911!!! Don’t Waste Time!!!
#FirstAidCourseEdmonton #BasicLifeSupport #BLS #BLSforHCP #BCLS #BCLSCourseEdmonton #ACLS #AdvancedCardiovascularLifeSupport #EMR #MFR #EmergencyMedicalResponder #ITLS #MedicalFirstResponder #Nurse #ACLSEdmonton