One of the new programs now being offered at Saving Grace Medical Academy is the ACLS Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support course taught through the Alberta Heart & Stroke Foundation. One of the highest level’s of resuscitation available, ACLS Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support focuses on the systematic approach on high quality advanced emergency medical techniques. This program has been selected by Alberta Health Services as the standard for all “Advanced” medical professionals entering the emergency medical field.
This course offers a video-based and instructor led advanced course that expands on the Basic Life Support or “BLS” cpr skills for health care providers. Stressing the importance of continuous, high quality CPR, ACLS takes the Basic Life Support Training to the next level and brings out the importance of medical intervention during cardiopulmonary arrest along with immediate post cardiac arrest, dysrhythmia, coronary syndromes as well as stroke’s.
Alberta Heart & Stroke Foundation’s ACLS course presents:
- Improved resuscitation science leading to a better patient outcome
- Simulations and scenarios based on realism
- Instructor’s with experience that can help adapt the program to local protocol’s.
Who can take this class?
- ACLS Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support is designed for advanced health care professionals who either direct or participate in management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies.
- EMS Emergency Medical Service Professionals, EMT’s / Paramedics.
- Emergency Medicine Professionals – Nurses / RN’s / LPN’s / Respiratory Therapists RT’s
- Intensive Care specialists – Doctor’s
- Critical Care Units
- Any employment that requires an “Advanced Medical Directives” such as physicians, nurses or paramedics.
“The Heart & Stroke Foundation recommends that only those who will use the skills of ACLS within their scope of practice take the ACLS course. All students who meet the prerequisites and successfully pass the ACLS course will receive a course completion card attached to your “HSF ID number“.
Recent scientific evidence has pointed a direction towards better content, while educational research has been led to improve design of the ACLS Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider course. The ACLS course emphasizes 3 major concepts.
- Crucial importance of High Quality CPR cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Integration of BLS Basic Life Support with ACLS interventions
- Team Interaction and communication during resuscitation.
Students will practice the application of many skills in simulated cases and will practice both Team Leader and team member roles while practicing:
- High Quality BLS Basic Life Support CPR for HCP’s
- Airway management
- Systematic approach to scenario management
- Rhythm recognition “ECG”
- Defibrillation “AED Manual & Automatic“
- IV intravenous / IO intraosseous techniques
- Medication assist or admin
- Team Dynamics
- Trans cutaneous Pacing
- New Students – 12 Hours (+-) 20 Minutes broken up into a 2 day 6 hour each program.
- Renewing Students – 6 Hours (+-) 35 minutes – Completed in a 1 day program.
“To qualify for a renewal you must complete the renewal program BEFORE your certificate expires” ACLS certification lasts for 2 years.
Here at Saving Grace Medical we hope that all this information helps you achieve a higher level of education and get the course you need when you need it. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you achieve the career you desire.
In any emergency just remember to Protect Yourself!!! Call 911!!! Don’t Waste Time!!!
#FirstAid #FirstAidCourseEdmonton #BLS #BCLS #BLSforHCP #BLSCourseEdmonton #ACLS #AdvancedCardiovascularLifeSupport #EMR #EmergencyMedicalResponder #H2SAlive #H2SAliveEdmonton #OnlineFirstAidCourse